<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:08 pm

Save Space With Snes9x!!!!!

I just found out that it's possible to zip your roms in your snes9x folder! I originally had 75mb's being used and now I ended up only using 50mb's.

All you have to do is highlight all your roms in the roms folder and right click and then if you have WinZip, which I used, then you just zip them all in one zip file. Turn your PSP on and run Snes9x and make sure the zip worked, then you can delete the unzipped roms and you now saved yourself space!
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

notjy

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:33 pm

Did putting all your roms in one zip worked? I got it to work zipping each of them seperately, nice tip though ^^
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:44 pm

Yes it worked putting them all in one zip. When I open up my snes9x program on my PSP all it says is ROMS.zip. When I hit circle, a little load screen that takes not even one second comes up and then the list of ROMS comes up like normal.
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:36 am

Im sorry for being stupid, but I didn't see SNESx in the BrewPack. Maybe I just missed it, or could someone direct me to a site where I can get it?
<<

Terdinglage

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:57 am

My loading screen does come up, but nothing displays. Could it be that its because Im using the evaluation version of WinZip? What kind of compression did you use?
<<

notjy

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:10 am

Anonymous wrote:Im sorry for being stupid, but I didn't see SNESx in the BrewPack. Maybe I just missed it, or could someone direct me to a site where I can get it?

It's the first emulator in the list.

--

The compression is the .zip format.
<<

Post Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:25 pm

lol... yeah of course its zip. I got it to work by doing separate zip files, but what I meant was the degree of compression. You can choose from like medium, maximum and other stuff. I was curious if maximum would work, but I haven't a chance to try it using the individual files (I couldn't get it to work with one file no matter what I tried). I'll do it when I get home but that would save even more space.

Return to PSP Hacks & Homebrew